.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Be a better business person in 2006

The January 9, 2006 Crain's Chicago Business has a nice little Q & A with 10 Chicago entrepreneurs regarding their resolutions for 2006. It's enlightening and I always need to remember that's what I am as a small firm attorney...a business person and entrepreneur.

A few ideas I'm stealing from the article:

Employee evaluation and development. Creation of a clear evaluation system and also show employees how they can develop with my business. I have worked at law firms where employee evaluation was totally non-existent (including of myself).

Attract repeat customers. A spa owner talked about creating incentives to get return business. I have the same issue. We represent mostly individuals and need to get return business. I was thinking of creating some type of coupon for reduced real estate closings or maybe some type of coupon for a will or some of the basic flat fee services.

Create an advisory board. Find a group of individuals with various backgrounds to help us with strategic decisions. It gets lonely being a solo practitioner and I'm sure my thinking gets too narrow too often.

What are your ideas for 2006!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google