.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Maywood Courthouse

I had one of my fairly irregular appearances out at Suburban District 4 today. I enjoy the Maywood Courthouse. It's very quiet and not jammed like many of the facilities. Once you know that as an attorney you just need to show your Cook County employee card to park in the back parking lot you're fine. For non-employees the parking is horrible. I got my car towed the first time I went to court there. I think it's second best in the Cook County system behind Skokie.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Maywood has horrible parking. Forget it. Advise clients to have a friend or relative drop them off. There's also 1) the coffee shop called "Legal Grounds" (if you won't be there too long) and 2) some granite/countertop company across the street from the coffee shop charges $10.00. I had to do this once as a non-attorney.

Unfortunately, Legal Grounds, though better than Starbucks for sure, doesn't look like it'll be there long. Business is S-L-O-W everytime I go there. I hope I am wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google