.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The correct level of specialization

I am struggling with an issue right now that I think is common among new solos...drawing that delicate balance between being specialized to an appropriate degree so that I have expertise in a particular area or areas of law AND the market reality of needing to bring in new clients to be a successful business.

I want to be a family and elder law attorney but I have taken on another couple of other trials mostly in the real estate area. So general trial work is fine but you sure feel it slow you down when various new issues need to be almost researched from scratch. I expect my membership in the LegalMatch.com family law section to really ramp up that portion of the practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google