.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Friday, October 06, 2006

Judicial candidate article

Here's the Sun-Times' article on various bar association judicial rankings...some interesting findings. I'm always amazed at the time and effort that various bar associations make on these judicial evaluations. Do voters pay attention? What holds sway in judicial retention elections? Unless you've done something that has gotten major public attention you get retained, right? I mean even as a practicing attorney I know the judges in my little corners of domestic relations (primarily) and that's it. I probably recognize five or so names on the ballot.

Is this the best way to staff our judicial branch?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google