.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Lawyer etiquette...

I've had a rash of opposing lawyers lately who have just been horrible in their treatment...primarily causing me to waste time sitting in courtrooms waiting for them. Very annoying. What good purpose does this serve? I'm just trying to figure out these lawyers' motives...don't they know that other lawyers are always your best referral source? Don't they want to have a good relationship with the attorney on the case to get their client a better and more efficient result?

Apparently not. I think it's typically associates in larger Chicago law firms who essentially don't have an incentive to produce business nor do they have a motive for an efficient client result. Plus I think so many Chicago lawyers just think we're in this big city with all these lawyers and they're not going to see me again. Very short-sighted I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google