.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

NY lawyer advertising ruling...

Interesting piece about the allowance of Internet pop-ads by NY attorneys.

Not to speak out-of-turn, but how often (if ever) do lawyer regulatory bodies go after lawyers for things like advertising/marketing and firm names...in IL I've never heard of such an example. Anyone? I talk about this because I think so many lawyers are hamstrung with the rules of professional conduct that they don't market well.

I guess where I'm going is differentiating between things like stealing clients money and ignoring a clients case with things like marketing. From my experience the regulatory bodies are responsive to direct complaints from clients but who complains about a lawyer's marketing campaign? I think you may want to push the envelope more in your marketing plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google