.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Saturday, January 19, 2008

I Just Got my First MLK Day Card!

"I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers. I have a dream today..."

Alright, although I do appreciate rhetorical splendor the point of the post isn't really to celebrate MLK Day. I'm serious I got this glossy, cool card from a Chicago lawyer colleague (and I'm sure I'm not the only one getting it) that has some high-minded quotes celebrating diversity. Then it also lists various diversity-oriented charities that this particular law firm supports. Interesting marketing tool, eh?

I recall Keith Farrazzi in his book Never Eat Alone mentioning that he sent cards/gifts on peoples birthdays.

I think the key is differentiating yourself. Many, many businesses send out holiday cards in December. I couldn't tell you who we received a holiday card from. I'm going to remember my MLK Day card sender!

1 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Larry Bodine said...

Very cool Peter! This is marketing with a message.

Would you kindly scan the card and email it to me at LarryBodine[at]Comcast.net?

YOurs,
Larry Bodine
Editor, LawMarketing Portal
630.942.0977
www.LawMarketing.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google