.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Parking Costs in Fee Petition

So in domestic relations contempt of court land we're often filing Fee Petitions or having them filed against us. They're actually quite informative, you really get to see what other lawyers are billing clients and they help you know the market for attorneys fees. I got one recently where the attorney has parking costs listed as expenses in the fee petition. Is this reasonable? Will a judge give him those costs? I think it's fringe.

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I certainly do not know what parking charges the attorney was billing, but in fee applications in my work, we always bill the parking fees as line item expense. They are never challenged. I do not know if this is true because in the overall scope of things it does not add up to that much, but it adds up for me. Our federal courts are in the central business districts in most cities. Often when I attend court on a case in Houston it costs me $7 to park to attend court. I do not mean to be picky, but I want that back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google