.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Springfield – May 12, 2008, 4:30 pm

So one month to go in our Illinois State Bar Association’s (ISBA) election…vote, vote, vote!! Yours truly IS a candidate for the Board of Governors (Under 37, Cook County). OK, this will be the first and last post plugging my candidacy…

Why do I want to be on the Board?

In many ways my candidacy is a direct outgrowth from this blog and its purpose: Attempting to help and empower Chicagoland’s entrepreneurial legal community. That’s what I’m trying to do through my posts and sharing my personal story. Yet the most meaningful aspect of this now nearly three-years-old blog/journey hasn’t been about me but rather it’s been about the people I’ve met and the relationships formed that sprouted from this tiny piece of cyberspace. And what I’m hearing far too often across the table from lawyers throughout the Chicago area is that they’re struggling to build successful legal service businesses.

Whether Solo By Choice, solo due to a very tight legal job market, or not a solo at all, the ISBA must provide the business consulting, law practice management, and marketing resources critical to its lawyer members. The development of progressive lawyer-business people is critical to the future of the legal profession. We have an ethics hotline yet we don’t have an on-call law practice management adviser. This must change!!

Help me be your voice on the Board; I need your vote! Help me spread the word!

ALL RIGHT, the commercial is over…back to blogging (blawgging).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google