.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Increased Order of Protection Remedies

Here's an overview regarding the new Cindy Bischof Law that allows courts to order GPS tracking for people accused of violating protection orders who are let out on bail and determined to be at high risk for violence. It also allows judges to put a convicted violator on a GPS ankle bracelet.

What I don't like about the new law is it seems to NOT apply in any way to civil orders of protection. Granted I'm just speaking from the perspective of one individual but I see many, many more civil orders of protection than I do criminal orders of protection.

Why not add a new remedy to the Domestic Violence Act?

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Thanks for sharing that link. I agree that using this remedy in domestic violence situations would be wonderful - I know someone who has been involved in a domestic violence situation and would have loved to know that the offender could be monitored. I wonder what the Canadian law is on this...off to check!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google