.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Thursday, February 16, 2006

More work-life stuff regarding lawyers

The National Association of Law Placement Foundation put out a study recently entitled, In Pursuit of Attorney Work-Life Balance: Best Practices in Management.

I don't want to repeat many of the similar findings from my February 9, 2006 post, but here are a couple nuggests I thought critical:


  • Flex-time was the work-life initiative that is most effective in addressing work-life conflicts.
  • Second best was the work-at-home option.
  • More than 75% of supervised attorneys (associates) reported having moderate to major problems in meeting their personal/health needs.

Hmmm...let's think, do I want to die when I'm 50 or earn $150,000 right out of law school? I guess the answer is the former for many lawyers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google