.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Friday, August 25, 2006

Yeah, I think I'll blog for Vault.com's well-being

Got my weekly e-mail from Vault.com (Vault.com is a popular career and legal employment Website) that included the following:

Wanted: Bloggers on Vault

Dear Vault Member,
Are you a blogger? Do you want to be a blogger? Consider blogging on your favorite career web site, Vault.com.
Send in our quick and easy application today. As long as it's career or school-related, Vault may host your blog on our site and put your blog in front of millions of Vault visitors.

Apply To Blog on Vault
To get your blog on Vault, send us an email to
blog@vault.com. Please send us the following information.

The general topic of your blog and the name of your proposed blog
A brief bio
The number of times per month you plan to post
A sample introductory blog post
Your e-mail (This is how we'll contact you, and it will appear on your blog)
Your blog name (this is the name you would post under - it can be your actual real name, a pseudonym, or a clever combination thereto) If your blog is approved, you will hear from a Vault blog editor with further details. Expect to start blogging this September.

Vault Blog FAQ
Q: Will I automatically get my blog on Vault?
A: No. Vault reserves the right to reject blogs that promise to be off-topic, incoherent, created for the purpose of selling diet pills, or just generally insane.

Q: Do I have to pay?
A: No. You will need to be a basic Vault member, though. (Basic Vault membership is free.)

Q: I raise goats. Can I write a blog from the viewpoint of my favorite goat, Clover?
A: If Clover wants to blog about agricultural business, maybe. If Clover wants to blog about what a hassle it is getting milked, no. Remember, we are looking for something career or school-related, whether that's your journey through law school, your experiences in pharma sales, or job search observations and advice.

Q: Can I link to my own awesome personal site from my Vault blog?
A: Probably. Vault does reserve the right to monitor links from our blogs to screen out direct advertisements, and other inappropriate material.

Q: I only want to post once a year. Is that OK?

A: We'd like bloggers to post at least once a month, if not more. Remember that regular posting is the best way to reach your readers.

Q: Will people be able to add comments to my blog?
A: Yes.

Q: I don't know if my blog is right for Vault or not.
A: E-mail us at blog@vault.com and ask.


Who wants to put all the effort into a good blog solely for the monetary benefit of another company? Doesn't Vault know how easy it is to generate Web traffic to a blog these days?

Anyone gonna sign-up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google