.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Is it Colorful? Does it list your Practice Areas? And,

what's on the back? I speak of business cards of course. This post was triggered by this recent piece here but even more so by a personal experience a couple days back.

I attended a planning meeting for a fundraiser conducted by our local Rotary Chapter and our public library. Nothing too unusual, but of the 10 or so people at the meeting, a handful of them I didn't know and we exchanged pleasantries AND business cards. And the follow-up question I got from one person was, "so what areas of law do you work in?" And I answered. But, is she likely to remember what I said down the road when she needs a lawyer or has a potential referral? Likely not. A task for '08: new business cards with practice areas specifics and blogs URLs included.

Ivan Misner, founder of BNI, is quoted in the article. He's written a book on effective use of business cards as advertising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google