.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's Fun to Stay at the...

Y.M.C.A. It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A. They have everything For young men to enjoy. You can hang out with all the boys..." Hey don't kid yourself, I own a copy of the Village People's Greatest Hits and I'm a member of my local Y.M.C.A. branch. But that's for another blog...

So I was doing my weekly lap swim and as I passed a racquetball court lo-and-behold on its wall was a law firm advertisement. Olson, Olson and Olson, P.C., Peter Olson's a YMCA member...that's sort of how it read. Good use of marketing dollars?

Not really commenting specifically on the "Y", I think niche, smallish non-profits (often a lot smaller than a YMCA branch) can provide cost effective marketing opportunities for lawyers. Our firm used to run an ad in a local catholic church bulletin, I think the cost was like $100 for the entire year. All the local service groups (Rotary, Kiwanis, Optomist, ect.) and chambers of commerce have their newsletters and golf outing sponsorships. Be creative in finding an effective way to find this niche...it's there and often it's CHEAP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google