.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cook Domestic Relations Appointments: A Downside

As we've blogged about previously, I'm now up to 6 court appointments through this program. Mostly unpaid child support cases but a couple are lets say more "interesting." So I'd continue to recommend this for the solo, domestic relations start-up.

However, my one negative is that I'm getting appointed and these judges don't know my schedules so I get six court dates on six different days. The last 10 business days I've been in court on 6 of them, mostly on these appointments. And generally it's bad business to go to court for only 1 case.

Make your schedule to make you money, my biggest $$ days by far are the days where I can schedule 3-4 cases at Daley in one morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google