.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Friday, June 27, 2008

Lawyer E-mail Addresses

I'm bothered when lawyers or law firms do not include e-mail contact information on their letterheads or anywhere where I can find it. It's not efficient.

For example, today I needed a property inspection report from another attorney so instead of shooting him a quick e-mail and getting it returned to me. I had to call him, got voicemail, he called back and got voicemail, and I still don't have the inspection report.

2 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Or on their pleadings.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, I can think of one thing worse than an attorney not making his/her email address easily found: making it easily found and never checking it.

I've encountered that far more than should be the case, and I usually find out when too much time has passed and I didn't get a response. I call the assistant and hear the dreaded words "Oh, he doesn't check that. You need to send it to me."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google