.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Friday, March 30, 2007

Commuting costs study

Saw an interesting piece in the Trib. about commuting costs.

An excerpt from the article:

The 2007 results reveal that you have to dip into pocket or purse for 50.5 to 81.5 cents for every mile you travel based on 10,000 miles of driving annually. That's $5,050 to $8,150 a year, no small sum.

It sure got me thinking about the various home office bloggers (Grant Giffiths, Chuck Newton). I'm STRONGLY considering going home office or some variation thereof at the end of our lease. Obviously there are many factors on both sides of the arguement. First and foremost for me is $$$ to the landlord. Second, I think when I closely analyze my calendar over many months I'll see that it's soooo infrequent that you actually meet with a client in-person, at the office, these days. I meet with someone in-person, at the office, 1-2 times per month. That's not worth $1,000ish per month!

1 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Are virtual offices an option?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google