.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Thursday, December 07, 2006

New off-site employee

Well, I've added off-site employee #1...I'm very excited. I know it's really nothing new in the blogsphere here but it's a big step for a newby sole practitioner. I know Grant Griffiths over at Home Office Lawyer and Greatest American Lawyer have been on the train for a while, but we just want to be like Walgreens, not the first with technology, just the best in its application.

My main usage of the off-site staff will be for customer service and book-keeping/financial analysis. When she's working she'll be totally handling the phones. Further, and most critically, she's going to step-it-up for us with the business side of things. I obviously currently send out my bills each month but that's about it.

The way I see it, running a law practice is two halves: legal work & business (financial, marketing, management). The business half of things with me has languished over the last year. NO MORE!

1 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Thanks Grant. So far so good. I'll post more as we work out a couple technology clinks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google