.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Friday, January 05, 2007

Another great idea from Carolyn over at MyShingle

Here is Carolyn Elefant's post over at My Shingle regarding her efforts to start a Solo and Small Firm Energy Network. I believe her law practice focuses a good bit on federal regulatory matters in the energy law field.

One of my big goals for '07 is similar to this but more along the lines of creating a closely knit group of small firm and solos to create a "firm" without a firm. In other words, have a very formal network of lawyers in different practice areas where in-house referrals are made and direct support is given. The idea hasn't totally come to fruition, but essentially I want to stop the random referral searches for a lawyer when our clients need something outside my specialty areas. Rather, I want to be able to serve that client through this "firm."

Care to join me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google