.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

CBA's referral policies

I've heard reports from fellow family law attorneys about the number of referrals they get through the Chicago Bar Association so I had the new virtual assistance give them a call. I know they have a general family law referral service and then there's a separate listing to represent indigent people who are on the wrong side of a contempt finding.

What did we find? There's a minimum requirement of 5 years in practice to get onto their referral service. For those of you who don't know me, I'm just entering my fifth year of practice. What a joke! How anti-young lawyer and frankly anti-sole practitioner. A youngish, sole practitioner is who some of those services should be made for. I'm still scraping the pavement to drum up business, ect. We're going to do something about this (beyond blogging).

What are my dues getting me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google