.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Online legal matching

Here's an overview piece from the October 2006 eCommerce Law & Strategy regarding the current state of online legal matching. I think it's a fair piece. I know in the legal community many of the online matching companies have gotten a negative rap. That's not my view. Online legal matching has been by far my most successful client acquisition source. I think this quote from the article says it all:

Today, more than 4 million people are conducting legal-services searches online each month, and the number is expected to reach more than 7 million legal-services searches per month by consumers by next year, according to the Pew Internet & American Life Project.

To be blunt, I wish there were more players in the industry to keep my costs to use OLM down. I think bottom line: where do most people start any search for information? An Internet search engine I bet and likely Google.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google