.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Monday, June 18, 2007

Avvo sued...

Well add me to the list of people who've blogged about Avvo.com. Class-action suit filed against them Thursday in Seattle.

My $.02 are, is Avvo worse than all these other lawyer ratings bodies that exist? Avvo's ratings are based on your experience and whether or not you've had any ethics violations. My rating was a 5.7 out of 10 because I've had zero ethics complaints filed against me but my experience is only 5 years. The ratings are based on factual data...but how useful is experience and ethics to evaluating whether or not a lawyer is skilled in "x" subject area to handle your specific case?

It seems to me this IS an objective criteria although borderline useless. Is it worse than Leading Lawyers where essentially you're rewarded for providing them referrals to additional customers er ah lawyers and then you get rewarded by being listed as a Leading Lawyer in a particular subject matter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google