.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Monday, October 08, 2007

Posting from the Home Office

Hey gang...well I'm back in the fold. Between moving the office and filing my first appellate brief there wasn't a lot of time for blogging. I'm now officially The (a) home office lawyer, part II. No complaints so far except an office full of unpacked boxes. Also, I want to make sure I have enough "alternative" office options just to get out of the house. I'm still amazed that in 2007 there still isn't nearly enough free WiFi around...it's not like this in San Fran. is it? I think the only two free WiFi options in the downtown area of the suburb I live in are the public library and Panera. The coffee shops all have their "hotspots" aligned with a specific provider. I'll still get to downtown Chicago a good bit for court...still waiting for that Daley Center law library WiFi. Isn't there something wrong that the outdoor area of Daley Plaza is a free WiFi location but not the law library on the 29th floor?

4 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrads on the move. It takes a little getting use to, but it will work out fine. As it turns out, I sold my house (and that means office as well) to downsize now that most of the kids are gone. So we are disrupted with boxes, etc. as well.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Grant Griffiths said...

Way to go. Always available to visit anytime too.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Sandy Slaga said...

Congratulations! I won't be too far behind you.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Peter said...

Thanks for the comment Sandy. So far so good...the monetary saving is too big to ignore at least in the Chicago market. Clients won't even know the difference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google