.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Solo In Chicago

...empowering the Second City's entrepreneurial legal community

Thursday, February 28, 2008

March Madness and "Solo In Chicago"

Or "Solo" anywhere else for that matter. So we're about to enter the best run of sporting events for the entire year (this is just one person's humble opinion of course). From about next weekend when some of the college conferences start to have their conference BB tournaments through the Masters, is the best run of sporting events for the year. The NCAA tournament is unmatched for drama and the elegance of the Masters (patrons NOT customers...the pimento cheese sandwiches, ect.) is outstanding. Why the PGA moved the Players Championship out of its slot from 3 weeks before the Masters I don't know.

All that to say...the side benefits of a practice that you contol are significant.

I saw this piece yesterday about a solo in New Jersey who's on a trek to see every Division I NCAA basketball team play; he's seen 222 of 341. I've watched my fair share of hoops but I think I'm short of that myself.

But the bigger point: the hobbies and quality of life issues should be part of your thought process when thinking about going solo. Longer term this should be a motivating factor. I remember my first boss out of law school who had a pretty developed solo practice and a great staff going to play basketball for 2-3 hours twice a week.

What's your real love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google